"If you, my fellow Americans, will not demand the impeachment of the worst president in American history, a man who is a traitor to our Constitution, an instigator of unjust wars, a destroyer of worlds, a strutting global tyrant, and a threat to the very survival of human life on this planet, who will you impeach?" (continued)
Just when they thought they were almost in the clear, House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers now says that President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney committed impeachment-worthy offenses of which must be thoroughly investigated even after the two men leave office as a means of reaffirming U.S. constitutional principles. “The Bush Administration’s approach to power is, at its core, little more than a restatement of Mr. Nixon’s famous rationalization of presidential misdeeds: ‘When the President does it, that means it’s not illegal,’” Conyers said in a foreword to a 487-page report entitled "Reining in the Imperial Presidency: Lessons and Recommendations Relating to the Presidency of George W. Bush." (1/15/2009)
There will be no Constitution if the President is allowed to
become a strong-man dictator. Even
though the Bush administration is out of office, impeachment is
still a requirement.
George W, Bush and Dick Cheney: War Criminals. (9/26/2015)
Senator Leahy's recommendation: (video about 6 minutes)
Massachusetts Law school to Plan Bush War Crimes Prosecution (September 13-14, 2008) Further information Jeff Demers at email@example.com 978) 681-0800; or Sherwood Ross, media consultant to MSL, at firstname.lastname@example.org
NH Passes Impeachment Resolution (6/2008)
Bush Crimes Commission (DVD)
McGovern says impeach them both (01/08/2008)
Former Senator Mike Gravel Calls for Independent 9/11 Investigation and Prosecution of President [sic] Bush and Vice President [sic] Cheney (Democracy Now!) 17 Jun 2008 The former Democratic senator from Alaska discusses his presidential campaign, his role in the releasing of the Pentagon Papers and his support for NYC 9/11 Ballot Initiative Campaign, a grassroots group seeking to place an initiative on the ballot of the November 6th general election allowing registered New York City voters to create a new commission to investigate 9/11.
Congressman Kucinich's Articles of Impeachment for Dick Cheney.
Impeach Cheney video (Robert Greenwald)
Impeach Cheney video.
Has Bush has violated the law ?
Ten Reasons to Impeach George Bush and Dick Cheney
I ask Congress to impeach President Bush and Vice President Cheney for the following reasons:
1. Violating the United Nations Charter by launching an illegal "War of Aggression" against Iraq without cause, using fraud to sell the war to Congress and the public, misusing government funds to begin bombing without Congressional authorization, and subjecting our military personnel to unnecessary harm, debilitating injuries, and deaths.
2. Violating U.S. and international law by authorizing the torture of thousands of captives, resulting in dozens of deaths, and keeping prisoners hidden from the International Committee of the Red Cross.
3. Violating the Constitution by arbitrarily detaining Americans, legal residents, and non-Americans, without due process, without charge, and without access to counsel.
4. Violating the Geneva Conventions by targeting civilians, journalists, hospitals, and ambulances, and using illegal weapons, including white phosphorous, depleted uranium, and a new type of napalm.
5. Violating U.S. law and the Constitution through widespread wiretapping of the phone calls and emails of Americans without a warrant.
6. Violating the Constitution by using "signing statements" to defy hundreds of laws passed by Congress.
7. Violating U.S. and state law by obstructing honest elections in 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2006.
8. Violating U.S. law by using paid propaganda and disinformation, selectively and misleadingly leaking classified information, and exposing the identity of a covert CIA operative working on sensitive WMD proliferation for political retribution.
9. Subverting the Constitution and abusing Presidential power by asserting a "Unitary Executive Theory" giving unlimited powers to the President, by obstructing efforts by Congress and the Courts to review and restrict Presidential actions, and by promoting and signing legislation negating the Bill of Rights and the Writ of Habeas Corpus.
10. Gross negligence in failing to assist New Orleans residents after Hurricane Katrina, in ignoring urgent warnings of an Al Qaeda attack prior to Sept. 11, 2001, and in increasing air pollution causing global warming.
History Will Not Absolve UsBy Nat Hentoff
Leaked Red Cross report sets up Bush team for international
Former Reagan aide says Congress must start impeachment inquiry
A constitutional lawyer who served in Ronald Reagan's administration says President Bush's "apparently criminal" authorization of a warrantless wiretapping program is grounds for the House to begin an impeachment inquiry. (Continued.)
View from a Catholic website.
John Conyers (D., Mich.) released a staggering report with the hard evidence of crimes and abuses committed by President Bush and his administration (breaking 26 specific laws). This report, "The Constitution in Crisis," should provide the raw material for numerous news reports and point reporters toward fertile ground for additional investigations. Have a look at http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/constitutionincrisis
Francis Boyle: "The Athenians lost their Democracy. The Romans lost their Republic. And if we Americans did not act now we could lose our Republic! The United States of America is not immune to the laws of history!"
(See Chalmers Johnson's book "Nemesis" on this.)
See this also: http://www.cjr.org/issues/2006/5/Umansky.asp
“The Case for Impeachment: The Legal Arguments for Removing President George W. Bush from Office” by Barbara Olshansky and David Lindorff, hour one of two hour public forum, New Haven, 6/ 24/ 2006.
Serendipity (extensive links.)
Biggest falsehoods of 2006.
afterdowningstreet.org see their resources for a list of additional books urging and justifying impeachment.
Bush on Torture Echoes Charles I on Arbitrary Imprisonment.
Bush on trial for crimes against humanity.
Links (many of them.)
Harper's Magazine makes the case for impeachment.
Oil-for-Food and other Bush family business
Want the US to remain a constitutional democracy ?
Center for Peace Studies Videos Lectures by Francis Boyle.
Nancy calls for impeachment (video)
Taking Back the Republic: Gore Vidal's take. (6/11/2008)
US v Bush: Elizabeth de la Vega
Articles of Impeachment (the book)
Genius of Impeachment: John Nichols.
Conyer's report on the Constitution in crisis
Impeach the President: Dennis Loo & Peter Phillips
Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder: Vincent Bugliosi